1. Felt paper; quality roofers use synthetic felt paper. paper absorbs water synthetic felt sheds water. make sure you get it.
2. Ice and watershield; although not code in most southern counties make sure you get it. We guarantee you will never have a rotten gutter board or soffit board by installing our watertight method to the overhangs of your home.
3. Ridge cap: should be “actual” hip and ridge accessory shingles not cut down 3-tabs that don’t quite match exactly and have a potential to blow offs. We use actual hip and ridge shingles that are thicker and match better than cut down 3-tabs.
4. laminated shingles; laminated shingles are better than 3-tab shingles and are easier to install; improper nail placement can ruin a nice roof job.
Proper nail placement is required for a quality roof.
5. Pipe jacks; a common issue is that most roofers still use plastic pipe jacks that have a 100% chance of getting rotten and causing a leak. We use lead pipe jacks and lead does not rot.
6. shingle brand; the top 3 quality brands are Owens Corning, Gaf and certainteed. Any other brand is inferior in our opinion.
We choose Owens Corning shingles.
7. warranty; not the one from the manufacturer but the labor and workmanship warranty from the installer.
We give a limited lifetime “transferable” labor and workmanship warranty on all new work.
we can’t do them all but we can do them best.